Art & Design
|This group started in May 2019|
Springwood Community Centre
Monthly Last Wed
Group Liaison (Kevin Stock)
This group will meet once a month and meetings will contain the following topics.
Artwork by both male and female artists (copies of which will be sent to members after each meeting) this will include everything from traditional oil paintings, through the ages, up to and including Impressionism, Dadaism, Fauvism, Cubism, Realism, Abstract Art and modern day Murals, Pop Art, Op Art, Graphics etc.
1. Will include how to draw, elevate and plan rooms, especially bathrooms and kitchens, etc.
2. Screens – the different types, how to make them, how to decorate them (be it decoupage, artwork, including stencilling, or fabric covering), and how to fix them together.
3. This will also cover tips on paints, painting and how to prepare furniture for painting, and painted furniture in general.
4. Soft Furnishings, fabrics, furniture, colour, lighting, artwork etc.
5. Decorative Painting, Stencils, Curtain Styles, Furniture Styles, Types, Sizes, etc.
6. Furniture designs and designers, architects and architectural styles.
If the group should want to visit country houses to see decoration and furniture styles, this is a possibility, to be decided within the group.